Monday Morning Crochet Mug Rug
I don’t know how you start your workday , but I always take my Mug of black coffee to my desk.
So to catch any spills, because well.. I do spill.. i made this simple and quick mug rug.
It’s basically a square made from HDC in 3d loop only. But if you like I can give you my ^recipe^ so you can make it too.
- Some scrapyarn, I uses a variagated acrylic , DK or #3 Weight
- Matching hook, I used a 4 mm hook
- Darning needle for weaving in ends
- Your favorite mug for sizing
May your coffee be stronger than your Monday Morning
In this pattern ch2 counts as 1st stitch
1. start with a slipknot and chain 25 +3 ( this was the right size for my mug)
turn and make a hdc in 3d chain from the hook and hdc in all chains until end of the row, ch 2 and turn
2. hdc in 3d loop only in next stitch and all stitches across until end, ch2 and turn
3. repeat this row until desired height
4. ch 1 and sc evenly around, I ended up with 25 stitches on all sides
cut yarn and fasten off
To make it bigger or smaller, just make more or less chains in the beginning, and make more or less rows.
Be creative and use all your scraps. These can be a fun project for stocking stuffers or housewarming gifts..
have fun and show your work #dutchcrochetbymdk #mondaymorningmugrug #dutchcrochetbymdkpattern or tag me on social @dutchcrochetbymdk